lördag 5 februari 2011

The vicarage in Rute



Today, I helped a friend to deliver a car from the old vicarage at Rute in northern Gotland.
The rectory is as pretty as any story book house.
The adjacent Rute church in the grey, moddy Saturday afternoon.

The present vicar is retiering and packing up to move to a more modern dwelling in Visby. He sounded rather happy about this - the rectory is difficult to warm and a big house to take care of for two people - the vicar and his wife.
By the way - the first vicar posted here was a Hercules Davidsson in 1631-1659. He was married and had 9 childern.
The present buildings are from around 1871 though.

The pretty vicarage in summer.
(More about the buildings for interested Swedish readers here)

As they were packing, I spotted the fine Gotland carpented dollhouse just about to be packed. The vicar´s wife is a doll house enthusiast - so I couldn´t help myself to take a few pictures of the packing turmoil of her handmade houses - a mini eco of what was going on at a larger scale in the big house..

The blue tiled stove in the back of the Blue room, the owner had made from the core of a paper roll.
There were so many pretty items but these dolls captured my heart. They were just standing there idly waiting for what was coming to them.. Note the only men here are both covered in cellophane paper. Hmm. Women´s lib at the mini-rectory? I always spin a story in my head when I see things like that.. (well, I woun´t bother you further with my tales..)

Now, this pretty doll was just sitting comfortably in the window waving goodbye to an era at the old rectory in northern Gotland. I just fell in love with her!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar