måndag 19 juli 2010

Homo Insulani, indeed!

Summer footage!
Barbeque and wine - an evening at Lökholmen..
- an island with a sheltered harbour some 5 minutes from Sandhamn, with all facilities for every sailor. And of course, nice, cosy resturant,too.
Sailor´s footage!
Now, being a full time island dweller (Gotland and Sandhamn), I have now been categorized a true Homo Insulensis! Isn´t that just great!!!
Every year, I have a wonderful accumulation of black birds in my archipelago garden!
The nest is always built on the same secure spot by one of the guest houses. I feed the busy mother fruit occationally and there is always fresh water for her so she does not have to fly very far from her sleepy brood! This year, I found five chicks in her nest. Their older brothers and sisters from passed clutches are serenading me through the summer days. The black bird seems to be quite stationary I am happy to discover..

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar