onsdag 4 mars 2009

The budding branches..

..picked off my apple trees a week ago and put indoors in the warmth of the house, unfolded some of their pretty flowers today - a premonition of what´s to come..
I put them in an old oats jar nexr to the lovely tulips in a similar coffee jar in the window. On the other side of the window, the garden is making itself ready for spring. The snow is melting away and there are quite a few white and yellow flowers popping up in the flower beds below..
The days are getting longer and we now have daylight until about 6 o´clock. I unpacked some of my old books today and enjoyed their beauty. The ones above on top are from around 1790. Now I just have to set out for the country auctions and make good bids for some antique book shelves to put them in. In style..

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar