onsdag 18 februari 2009

Improvements!

The new staircase! Finally! I can now run upstairs and downstairs without risking to fall on my nose! This is indeed some great improvement!
So I will dash off to Visby for some "paint-over" with a white, transparent color today. I was told yesterday that some of the steps were made of wood produced on this farm since the old owner had a bit of a lumberyard (in this barn below - view from my bathroom window) and had equipment to plane the boards himself from trees of this very ground .This is quite a good feeling to know when
you climb the stairs to your cosy bedroom on second floor.
The old "easy-to-fall-on-the-nose" staircase...How happy I am to get rid of you! You filled your function over 100 years now. So take a break!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Cara Pia,

    Sa avundsjuk jag blir. Underbart att med varsamma hander ta itu med upprustning. Betagande hus och ett alldeles underbart projekt, kan jag tanka... Lycka till med malningen. Ocksa det ett roligt arbete numera, da det finns sa "jordnara" farger. Bacione, Ingrid

    SvaraRadera
  2. Wow! Så fint! Du fixar och fixar!
    Krameluringar P

    SvaraRadera