lördag 15 november 2008

Oh joy!

A cosy study..
The room/study above in the house in Gotland is cosy (you step down into it from the kitchen) but maybe a bit too much of the "glorious" -70´s!
It needs a makeover along with the outlines below. I´ll make it in a color sceme of green/white/lingonberry red.
So I am running around in town trying to find the right kind of green wallpaper. I remember from my time as an interior decorator that wallpaper giant Duro of Sweden had a great collection called "Plains" with beautiful shades of plain soft greens like the one below. It needs to be a shade not too cold and "minty" or too yellowish or dark It need to be just right to launch this scheme successfully.. It is more difficult to find than you can imagine!
The renovation takes a new wall-to-wall carpet, some 10 rolls of Duro wallpaper of the right shade, one jar of glossy white paint, a contact with Tanja to make the curtain and of course - a round to IKEA which I did yesterday for matching furniture. I will try to record/report the renovation as it gets under way.
It is so much fun after all these years to move back inte the interior decoration business again!
And this time I am doing it for me! Oh joy!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar